9.26.2009

Explosion Box w/Fuji


















Earlier this month, I was lucky enough to be able to participate in a fun class taught by Fuji Murakami to learn how to make an Explosion Box. Fuji took her Stampin' Club on a field trip to Pineapple Cove to teach them this cute box that when opened, explodes to reveal hidden goodies.

Photos from the class are available for viewing on the left-hand sidebar. The finished product is large sturdy box with a bottom and a lid. When you open the lid, the inside "explodes" to reveal hidden pockets where you can insert gift cards, tags, notes, stamped images, etc. The entire project uses 4 (four) 12x12 sheets of DP. We used Kaiser Kraft DP since they come with four coordinating colors, as well as it's double-sided, which made the box even more pretty and unique.


















I'll be teaching this class in October - so look out for my newsletter, or check the Calender for updates. I had a dry run teaching this class today with a bunch of girlfriends from Blog-Land. They were so sweet, they brought the party to the store so that I could participate in the fun. So I taught them how to make this box...there were a few hiccups along the way (sorry girls!!), but in the end, we were able to figure it out. =) Thanks for a fun filled day!

Got some new inventory in that I'll be posting afterwards. Hope you are all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Islander Girl said...

Loved the class and thanks so much for the good time today!!! Can't wait for the next one!!!

Janis said...

Fun class. Uh, sorry about our hiccups. You would think that we could all follow better. I totally enjoyed myself. Gotta e-mail you about an cosignment & how it works?

There was an error in this gadget